Yomiwa is an easy offline way to translate Japanese with your camera. The app displays a pop up with English translations of single kanjis and words as soon as you point to Japanese characters with your iPhone or iPad. You can as well take a picture or pick one from your camera roll and navigate it to translate chosen characters. Yomiwa also lets you recognize Japanese characters by drawing them on your screen.
Tips / Features :
- translate into English all types of Japanese characters (kanji, hiragana, katakana)
- translate Japanese characters with the camera or from the camera roll pictures
- freeze the camera frame and navigate through the picture by dragging the cursor
- tap to focus, zoom by pinching and move the picture by dragging
- copy the recognized characters with a long press gesture
- draw characters on the screen to translate them
Video visible on the link below (developer website).
Feedback and suggestions are very welcome : firstname.lastname@example.org
Requires iOS 8.1 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
Yomiwa Japanese Dictionary and Translator is a free trial software application from the Kids subcategory, part of the Education category.
The app is currently available in English and it was last updated on 2013-09-29. The program can be installed on iOS.
Yomiwa Japanese Dictionary and Translator (version 2.8.2) has a file size of 103.08 MB and is available for download from our website.
Just click the green Download button above to start. Until now the program was downloaded 1 times.
We already checked that the download link to be safe, however for your own protection we recommend that you scan the downloaded software with your antivirus.