Yomiwa is an easy offline way to translate Japanese with your camera. The app displays a pop up with English translations of single kanjis and words as soon as you point to Japanese characters with your iPhone or iPad. You can as well take a picture or pick one from your camera roll and navigate it to translate chosen characters. Yomiwa also lets you recognize Japanese characters by drawing them on your screen.
Tips / Features :
- translate into English all types of Japanese characters (kanji, hiragana, katakana)
- translate Japanese characters with the camera or from the camera roll pictures
- freeze the camera frame and navigate through the picture by dragging the cursor
- tap to focus, zoom by pinching and move the picture by dragging
- copy the recognized characters with a long press gesture
- draw characters on the screen to translate them
Video visible on the link below (developer website).
Feedback and suggestions are very welcome : firstname.lastname@example.org
Requires iOS 8.1 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
Yomiwa Japanese Dictionary and Translator is a free trial software application from the Kids subcategory, part of the Education category.
The app is currently available in English and it was last updated on 2013-09-29. The program can be installed on iOS.
Yomiwa Japanese Dictionary and Translator (version 2.8.2) has a file size of 103.08 MB and is available for download from our website.
Just click the green Download button above to start. Until now the program was downloaded 28 times.
We already checked that the download link to be safe, however for your own protection we recommend that you scan the downloaded software with your antivirus.